2008 - Age of Awakening / 2016 - Age of disclosures / 2021 - Age of Making Choices & Separation / Next Stage - Age of Reconnection! Heretic

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lower LDL cholesterol = more heart failure death!

.
Another fascinating paper caught by my friends from a vegan forum - and another chunk of the mainstream medical belief system imploding!  

Note (*)


68% more death in the group with LDL < 71mg/dL (1.8 mmol/L) compared with those > 130mg/dL!

New study "Low-Density Lipoprotein Levels in Patients With Acute Heart Failure" by 
Mark R. Kahn et al., 16 Oct 2012,  found strong rising trend towards higher and higher mortality with lower and lower LDL, in every subcategory of the heart disease etiology or statin/lack of statin treatment. For example, for the total mortality (multivariate statistical analysis), relative mortality risk increased monotonically with lowering of the LDL such as illustrated in the following table:

LDL (mg/dL) Relative
Mortality
 > 130 1.0
101-130 1.16
71-100 1.25
 < 71 1.68
(based on table III in the study)

The study showed a similarly increasing mortality risk with lower LDL, over time, illustrated by the following figures from the paper:


*)  Harvard Medical School building

3 comments :

Ed Terry said...

I attended a series of seminars at the National Institute of Health several years ago. The seminars focused primarily on bioterrorism but several of the researchers remarked that viruses can cause cancer and that some bacterial and viral infections lead to premature heart disease. Since LDL forms a critical piece of our non-specific immune function, I can see where lower LDL could increase the vulnerability to morbidity and mortality from infections.

Zorica Vuletic said...

Fascinating. I had a check up a few weeks ago and I was told my LDL was a bit 'high' but that he said since my ratio is so supreme it's OK. So I win in both cases, with high HDL and a protective level of LDL. My trigs are nice and low, too.

Btw, I was fighting an infection at the time, so that would seem reasonable to see an elevation in LDL. I'm lucky I eat HF/LC.

Btw, I have a question regarding candida in the intestinal tract (and not vaginal *as confirmed by testing): What is your opinion on best way to treat it? There are many different methods on the internet, so I would like to know what your opinion is on it and how you would approach irradication of it?

Stan Bleszynski said...

I am not a medical doctor but: yeast infections cannot grow when you eat as you say you eat, that is most calories out of fat. Yeasts require carbohydrates. Thus any yeast infection should gradually disappear. You could reduce your carbohydrate intake to an absolute minimum, that is probably about 25g a day (in glucose equivalent measure), and avoid starches or fibers - those take longer to digest and pass undigested deeper into an intestinal tract feeding everything that lives there.

I would also avoid antibiotics until it clears, unless you absolutely have to take them.

It wouldn't also harm to go to a doctor.
H.