2008 - Age of Awakening / 2016 - Age of disclosures / 2021 - Age of Making Choices & Separation / Next Stage - Age of Reconnection! Heretic

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Silicon Valley's elite are flocking to an extreme high-fat diet in hopes of living longer

.
They flipped! Finally it happened!!! Since its on television then it has to be true (hey Mr. Citizen now you can believe it!)


Silicon Valley's elite are flocking to an extreme high-fat diet in hopes of living longer


Me first, then my wife and our four girls begun following the high animal fat, moderate protein low carb diet, based on dr. Jan Kwasniewski's "Optimal Diet", in July 1999, and stayed on it ever since. Initially I started it a fact finding mission after one of our friends enthusiastically recommended it, saying that it cured his liver cirrhosis in 6 months!

Actually it did!

I couldn't believe it since it violated every common medical "wisdom" raining down on us from every media outlet, as well as all doctors we spoke to. I like that aspect... After two weeks I felt better, stronger, more energy, clearer thinking, no tiredness - better than I ever did since my 20-ties! In addition a number of ailments went away, for example dry eye condition, afternoon tiredness, persistent (but not acute) intestinal inflammation etc.

Then my wife and our children begun eating this style, then my mother who lived with us. She begun a month after me, begrudgingly after we ran out of bread since my wife stopped buying it. How my mom recovered her chronic health problems on the high fat diet and what exactly happened - that's another story! We continuet that eating style ever since. It works for us. Back in 1999 everybody thought I was crazy, they were seriously expecting me to drop dead withing months (which, to their surprise, did not happen!)  When I begun my day job in 2009 half of my work colleagues were on some kind of "healthy" low fat salads and fruit for lunch or skim milk cereal diet, many were vegetarians (although there are fewer now) who wouldn't talk to me when I revealed my "orientation". Some still don't !    ðŸ˜Š

Heretic

4 comments :

John said...

One of my sisters used to always make fun of how I smelled, but I figured out that it was actually the coconut oil I was using topically. Now I use the filtered Trader Joe's one, which is unscented. I don't think I've ever had any of the common side effects, and I do weightlifting and dancing every day. I swear I can "feel" the different in using fat vs glucose...or I'm just crazy.

JC said...

Stan,What common foods would be good high fat sources without too much protein?

I'm guessing grass fed butter,lard,sour cream,and cage free,hormone free eggs.

Bacon would be out since it’s a cured meat and has tons of sodium.

Meat would have to be limited since it has too much protein.

What about cheese? too much protein?

I'm talking about common foods found at every grocery store.

Recommendation for a high fat diet.... Thanks,JC

Stan Bleszynski said...

Hi John,

Fat vs glucose. No you are not crazy - that's the first thing I noticed back in 1999 and the main reason I stayed on it. Coconut fat is lauric acid, saturated fat, it is not bad but its metabolic pathways are different from other fats so it is possible that it may result in different metabolic residuals.I would always recommend to consume a variety of fats not just one type, and a majority of calories should come out of saturated fats (of multiple types).

Stan (Heretic)

Stan Bleszynski said...

Hi JC,

Long time no hear, I hope you are doing well.

Disclaimer: - I would not recommend to decide on a diet change only because you notice some prominent or "important" people in the position of power in your society, have adopted that. Make sure that whatever you do, is your own choice uninfluenced by the media and verify that it does work for you, not based on somebody telling you that it is supposed to.

Re: What common foods would be good high fat sources without too much protein?
I'm guessing grass fed butter,lard,sour cream,and cage free,hormone free eggs.


Those are perfect sources and not very high in protein. You can safely discard egg whites and consume yolk - they are about 80% fat by calories. For a reason of taste and appearance, we often make scrambled eggs and omelettes using a combination of yolks with a smaller number of whites, for example 2 whole eggs plus 2 yolks alone.

I would also add bone marrow to the mix. That is particularly good for soups and sauces, and also mostly fat by calories. Bone marrow are said to contains certain vital nutrients that have healing properties, this is based on Dr. Kwasniewski's recommendations.

Re: Bacon would be out since it’s a cured meat and has tons of sodium.

Yes! I would recommend to reasonably limit consumption of packaged meat products because of what you mention plus other additives. I like Mr. Novick's guideline for reading food labels - "If it has a label don't buy it!" :)

Re: Meat would have to be limited since it has too much protein.

I am not sure how sensitive are you to excess protein. For most people it would not matter much but there are individual sensitivities and preferences. For people with kidney conditions, Dr. Kwasniewski advises (in "Homo Optimus" - you may want to buy it if you are seriously considering adopting that nutrition style), to restrict protein to slightly less than 1g/kg of ideal body weight per day. The normal intake for adult is 1g +/- 10% per 1kg body per day. For Children, teenagers and pregnant women it is 1.5g/kg. For elderly, less than 1g/kg is usually sufficient.

Not only you need to keep a tab on proteins (1g/kg) and carbs (0.5-1g/kg) but also on the overall amount of calories (that is be carefull not to overeat fat as well!). Since your body's metabolism has been trained on carbs, you may not be effectively able to assimilate as much fat as required for a very active lifestyle, for example if you are into some athletics. Normally, the amount of fat required to sustain an adult on the high fat low carb diet is about 2g/kg body per day. However, don't be surprized if you find out that you cannot eat more than 1.5g/kg! Until your metabolism adjusts from the decades on the high carb diet. Also, all people I know, naturally require less calories on the high fat low carb diet than before - typically about 30% less! Regardless of age. That means you should not attempt to eat as much as before, instead listen too your body telling you when and how much it wants you to eat, at any given meal. That is self-regulating and it does work very well on the high fat, don't try to override your natural instinct.

Re: What about cheese? too much protein?

I often buy fatty cuts of cheese for example Camembert etc. These have more fat than protein (by calories). even an average Swiss cheese, Gouda, Cheddar etc have the same amount of protein as fat by weight which means that they have twice as much fat as protein by calories, which is not bad.

NOTE: You can switch to high fat diet very quickly, like one day. However if for whatever reason you decide to go back to a high carbohydrate diet after some time on the high fat low carb nutrition, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO IT GRADUALLY AND SLOWLY AND USING CALORIE RESTRICTION METHOD! Over several months, otherwise it may hurt you! Be careful!

Stan (Heretic)